The game of Indian Rummy, although looks very simple, is not advised to be attempted unless and until the rules and tricks of the game are clearly known. If every rule of the game is understood as it is, then one could be qualified to play it. A thorough idea of how to play the game increases the chance of winning it and considering the competition available, none of the lessons can afford to be ignored. Let us now look in detail as to how to play Rummy along with the rummy rules and tips.
- A standard pack of 52 cards is used in a Rummy game having four different suits, each of which carrying 13 cards. Following are the four suits:
♠(spade) ♣(clover) ♥(Hearts) ♦(Diamonds).
Each suit will have the following 13 cards.
A, K, Q, J plus face value cards ranging from 2 to 10 like 2♠ 3♠ …. 10♠.
- Each player is dealt with 13 cards where the term dealing refers to the distribution of cards.
- Once the cards are distributed to the players, the next card is kept face open and it is called the open deck.
- Rest of the cards are kept face down on the closed deck.
- A random card is chosen then to act as a wild joker which can replace any other card. The printed jokers are not generally used in the Rummy game but they are deliberately included by players to increase the prospect of getting a joker. If the random joker happens to be 8♦ then this particular card can be used to form sequences / sets replacing any card.
- The objective of the game is to form at least two sequences one of which has to be a pure life and the balance cards can be used to form sequences and sets.
Pure sequence: 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ 8♥ (Consecutive cards of same suit formed without a joker)
Impure sequence: 5♥ 6♥ 8♦ 8♥ ( Here the random joker 8♦ replacing 7♥ and still forming a sequence)
Set: Q ♣ Q♠ Q ♥ Q ♦ (Here the formation of same card of different suits indicate a set)
This is achieved through a process called pick up and discard on each turn. How to discard and pick up cards are shown in the below videos.
- When the cards do not seem to be favourable, there is an option to drop the game at the beginning or during the middle to lose with less points. When and how to drop the game in RummyCircle can be seen in this video.
- If the Rummy is completed as per the objective of the game, the cards can be placed in the finished slot using the declaration process by pressing the declare button.
Some Rummy Tips and Tricks:
Use the joker wisely: Do not just fix joker anywhere; avoid using joker in a pure sequence.
Opponent’s cards: Always keep an eye on your opponents’ moves and do not discard cards which may be of use to him. Make your opponents to discard the cards useful to you.
Discard high point cards: Since Ace, King, Queen and Jack carry equally higher points than the rest, discard the same first.
Follow the aforesaid tricks and tips, and go for rummy game download. It would definitely increase the prospects for your success.