Pool Rummy is one of the most popular and much liked variations of rummy game and also known as Consortium among Rummy circles.
Types of Pool Rummy
101 Rummy and 201 Rummy are two types of Pool Rummy game.
How to play Pool Rummy?
101 and 201 are the pre-fixed elimination points of the two pool rummy variants. The fundamental nature of the game is that players score the least feasible points and ignore to reach the elimination points of 101 and 201. The player who approaches 101 and 201 points in the relevant variants has to leave the game whereas the player who stays back at the table till the end with minimum points is declared winner. Similarly points rummy also have its rules to play, learn how to play rummy.
101 Pool Rummy
- The winner of this game is the player with minimum score in the end.
- Players have a choice to take a Drop, but the penalty obtained for drops is as follows:
1st Drop is equal to 20 points and Middle Drop is equal to 40 points.
- An overall count in Pool 101 Rummy is 80 points.
- The First Hand Show in 101 Pool Rummy will be maximum 40 points.
- For a successful show it is obligatory to have minimum two life of which one has to be compulsorily pure life.
- Player who is making a valid show obtains 0 points.
- The point for each of the other player is evaluated by adding up the values of their dead wood cards in hand. Another time, the points of every round are added to obtain at status of every player at the end of the round.
- Players can rejoin the game after being removed. However, rejoining is only feasible if the personal score of other players at the table is less than 79 points.
- Once the personal score of a player approaches to 101 points or above, the player will be considered eliminated from additional round and has to go away from the table.
201 Pool Rummy
- Minimum scorer at the end of the game is considered winner of this game.
- Players can take a drop from the game, however, drop involves penalty, which is as follows:
1st Drop is equal to 25 points and Middle Drop is equal to 50 points.
- Player acquires 80 points on complete count in Pool 201 Rummy.
- Players will acquire maximum 40 points if first hand show is announced.
- To make a winning show in Pool Rummy 201, it is compulsory on the player to make minimum 2 Life of which one has to compulsorily be a pure sequence.
- 0 points is obtained by player who makes a legitimate show.
- The point for each of the other player is evaluated by adding up the values of their dead wood cards in hand. Again, the points of every round are added up to obtain at status of every player at the completion of round.
- Players can join the game again after being removed. However, joining again is only feasible if the personal score of other players at the table is less than 174 points.
- Once the personal score of a player goes to 201 points or above, the player is removed from further round and has to go away from the table.