One of the popular variants of rummy card game is deals rummy. It is one of the fastest rummy variants and can be played from 2 to 6 players. In this rummy variant, players get chips and the one who has the highest number of chips at the end of the deal wins the game. Here’s how to play deals rummy.
How is Deals Rummy Played
Deals rummy is played through chips. These chips are allocated at the beginning for the pre-decided number of deals of that game. Typically, a game will consist of one more packs of 53 cards including a printed joker per pack. Here’s how the game starts:
- All players are seated and chips allocated as per the pre-decided deals of the game.
- Each player is given 13 cards at random.
- A random toss decides who starts the game.
- The first card from the pack is always from the open deck, while the remaining cards are face down in the closed deck.
- Like other rummy games, one card is selected as random joker for the game.
- To win the game, the player needs to form a sequence, set and pure sequence.
- Player with the highest chips at the end of the pre-decided deals is the winner.
Deals Rummy Rules
Deals rummy is quite simple and a fast game. Even a beginner rummy player can get a grasp of this rummy variant quite easily. In online rummy, deals rummy is also called points rummy. Here are the basic deal rummy rules to get you started.
- In deals rummy 1 chip = 1 point.
- If the game consists of 2 deals and if one player loses one deal of the pre-decided deals in the game, it doesn’t mean he is loser. He loses chips or points only for that deal. He can make it up with the next deal.
- For a losing player, the points are calculated based on the unmatched cards in his hand. For example, if the player has made a sequence and a pure sequence, then he’ll get points based on the remaining unmatched cards.
- All numbered cards carry points that are equivalent to their number. So, card number 4 will have 4 points, 8 will have 8 points and so forth.
- All face cards, that are Ace, King, Queen and Jacks carry 10 points each.
- Jokers have zero points.
Dropping out of the game
It is quite possible that a player has got a bad hand and wants to drop out. The best time to do this is at the beginning of the game. However, if a player drops at the middle of a game, then he will lose more points.
- In a two-player game, a middle of the game drop out can lead to a maximum of 80 points loss.
- In a game, more than two players, if a player drops at the beginning of the game he loses 20 points. If he drops out in the middle of the game, he gets 40 points. The same is also true if you miss 3 consecutive chances.
Points calculated at the end of the game
At the end of the pre-decided deals, the player with highest points wins the game.
Winnings = (Entry Fee) X (Number of Players) – website fees.
For example, there are a total of six players. The five players who lose have 10, 30, 20, 30, 40 points respectively. So, the sixth player who is the winner takes the sum of all the points. (10+30+20+30+40=130 points)
We hope, how to play deals rummy is clear and you can now register and start playing online, right away.