Rummy is a very popular card game in India and its popularity has only grown with the advent of online Rummy and safe options to play the game, such as RummyCircle. Rummy is a purely skill based game and is played between 2 to 6 players. It requires a lot of skill, experience and patience. It is a tricky game, which needs intelligent understanding of the rules and the tricks.
RummyCircle Guide: The Rummy Rules
You can play different types of rummy at RummyCircle. You can play rummy tournaments, pool rummy, point’s rummy and free rummy. Here’s a look at the basic rules of point rummy:
- Every player must bring the minimum amount required for playing.
- Every player plays for points that have a per-decided rupee value.
- A toss decides who plays first.
- The winning is calculated as the sum of opponents points multiplied by the rupee value of the point. This calculated by subtracting the Rummycircle fee.
- A deck of 52 cards is used for playing.
- 13 cards are distributed to each player.
- In case more than 4 players are playing then 2 decks of 52 cards are needed.
- After the cards are dealt, the next card to be played always faces upwards.
- A joker is selected at the time of dealing. The joker changes with every game. It can be used make a sequence.
- One pure sequence is essential without the use of the joker and it can have up to 4 cards.
- For making the other 3-4 sets, the player can use the joker.
- Every player has to draw a card in order to make sequences or sets.
- A sequence is comprised of 3 or more cards from the same suit.
- A set is 3 or more cards that have same face value.
- The player can choose to draw a card from the closed deck or he can pick the cards disposed by the opponent.
- The player has to retain the picked card to make a sequence or a set. If the card picked cannot be used, then the player can discard it in the next turn.
- The cards are dealt till the time a player declares by discarding the last card facing upwards.
- It is compulsory to have at least two sequences, of which one is a pure sequence.
- The winner then has to display all the sequences and set to the rest of the players.
- The remaining cards with the other players are then counted in points.
The rummy rules of card games are easy to learn. Try your hand at a free game at RummyCircle before you decide to bet your hard earned money.